Friday, February 17, 2012

A Day In The Life...


In case you were curious, here is what my average days seems to look like here in Rabat:

7:00 am- wake up and take a bucket shower (~ever other day)

7:30 am- eat a breakfast of tea, bread and jam in front of the tv with Aljazeera news station playing coverage of happenings in Syria

8:10- Walk to my Arabic class building

8:30- Begin Arabic class (keep in mind this is secular Moroccan time)

11:45- Walk from Arabic building to CCCL

12:00- Lunch at the CCCL (On Fridays we go home for Couscous Friday between 12-2:30)

1:00- Multiculturalism and Human Rights Module (Right now we are doing our require module where so far we have talked about government systems, Islam (Sufism), and the relationship between Islam and women’s human rights

2:30- Depending on the day, we are either done at this time or, two days a week, have our Field Studies Seminar until 4:00

until ~6:00- Hang out at the CCCL, attempt to connect to internet, go to a café, hang out with friends

~6:00- Head home where, no matter what hour, I have tea and hoobz (bread).

6:30-10:30- Sit in the sitting room, watch a few Turkish soap operas, have my host sisters help me with my Arabic homework, do class readings etc.

10:30- Dinner. Lots of cooked vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, celery, peas) in spices- obviously eaten with hoobz, hard boiled eggs with cumin, side salads, some fish, and always finished with an apple or orange

11:00- Usually promptly after dinner I am more than ready for bed, so I brush my teeth (in the Turkish toilet) and head to bed.

Repeat Monday-Friday

(We are leaving for a week long excursion around the south- where we ride camels!- so I will try and post some of the details of that trip either before we leave or during, but right now my internet continues to not cooperate so don’t hold me to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment